On the 20th of June 2023, Prof. Marcello Baricco – Coordinator of HyCARE Project – held the lecture “Materials for hydrogen handling” during the plenary session as invited speaker in the Advanced Materials and Technologies Conference.
During the lecture, Baricco provided the audience with an overview on the current materials used for handling hydrogen, and reported that the HyCARE project developed an efficient metal hydride-based system for the storage of renewables energies, with a planned quantity of 50 kg of stored hydrogen.
Some information on the event:
The first Advanced Materials and Technologies Conference was held in 1961. The AMT’2023 follows this periodical event, organized every three years under the auspices of Polish Materials Science Society, which is a member of Federation of European Materials Society FEMS.
The AMT’2023 topics include the following five areas:
- Functional and structural materials,
- Advanced thermal, mechanical and chemical processing and surface engineering,
- Materials characterization and modeling,
- Materials applications: materials for transportation, materials for electronic, biomaterials and bioengineering, materials for energy,
- Young researchers – Advanced materials and technologies.
More information at: https://amt2023.polsl.pl/general-information/
More information on the speakers https://amt2023.polsl.pl/invited-and-plenary-lectures/ and the agenda https://amt2023.polsl.pl/agenda/